We run guided mountaineering courses and trips in the Alps from spring to Autumn.
All of our guides are IFMGA certified, and the summer guiding is programme is managed by IFMGA British Mountain Guide Ben Bradford.
Our summer base is in Chamonix, at the foot of Mont Blanc although we run trips throughout Switzerland and Italy as well. We offer bespoke trips, with individuals and groups.
- Mont Blanc via the Gouter normal route
- Alpine intro skills week – techniques and ascents around Chamonix
- Matterhorn ascents via the Hornli ridge
- Chamonix mountaineering – classic ascents from the famous valley.
- Grand Paradiso – the highest mountain solely within Italy
Our bespoke trips are pretty varied, and are obviously tailored to the individuals need. Some examples;
- Eiger ascent, including the Mittalegi ridge
- Classic north face climbs
- Haute route – Chamonix to Zermatt
- Rock climbing in the high mountains
At Vertical Frontiers we also run alpine preparation courses for climbers heading to Europe for some summer mountaineering.
In the spring on Dartmoor we organise “Workshops” looking at different ropework techniques to make people safe and efficient on glaciers and rock ridges. Alpine Preparation Course – Dartmoor
In Scotland during the winter we run specific weekends that are geared towards summer alpinism. Personal skills and moving safely on snow, ice and rock. Alpine Preparation Course – Scotland
These are suitable for a wide range of ambitions, such as Mont Blanc, the Matterhorn etc.
Please have a look at the individual pages, and contact us if you have any questions.